14:05-15:02 pm EST
In attendance: Andrew, Peter, Matt, Naval, Rainey
Initial Board Meeting
- Board agreed to approve bylaws.
- Try to be a charitable nonprofit? Board a strategy to go for 501c3 and revert to 501c6 if that fails.
Secretary: Peter President / Treasurer: Andrew
- Andrew plans to schedule a weekly office-hours hangout. Peter plans to attend frequently; digest in email if board-important issues discussed
- Reminder to Please send conflict of interest forms
- Funding report, plans for how to handle it:
- Board agreed to a broad strategy of folding funds primarily in Zcash (we’re less relevant if Zcash value crashes) Some in dollars for bare minimum of near/medium term expenses.
- Operational: possibly a multi-sig scheme where 5 of directors should hold key shards, policy to be determined. 3 of 5 to sign?
- We begin with donation pledges of portions of the Founder’s Reward, the largest of which comes from Least Authority
- Board agreed to prefer a 1-time permanent transfer of rights rather than month-to-month
- Priorities, ideas.
- Community development, diversity
- Communication platforms to hear stakeholders and actively encourage their participation. e.g. Miners, mining pools
- Development funds, bug bounties, fellowships
- Future of governance process.
- Start with no governance framework, but develop one. Goal is to eventually over to the “community”, via the “governance process”, in 9 months.
- By polling current users. We should also represent people who are not part of the community yet.